sábado, 3 de julio de 2010

ME AS A TEACHER

Hi everybody!


This is me before the arrival of new technologies:



Now that I am swimming in the world of new technologies: digital book, how to use moodle, youtube videos, listening webs, learning how to blog.... and many more things I would like to learn, the vision I have of me, a teacher (and all the teachers in general), is:




We are shaping an extremely huge group of people who may be working alone but creating part of an enormous final result: GETTING STUDENTS TO LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL.


There are thousands (should I say millions?) of web pages which can give me (better to say, give us) information about the best webs, links, how to create blogs... and any topic you can think of related to the use of new technologies. I feel we are reaching a point where we are SHARING all our knowledge on how to use some of the tools the new technologies provide and this is the great thing of all.


However, since I am just a "student" of this sometimes I feel like in:

But some day in the future, I will become the captain of the ship. SURE!!!!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Fernanda,
    I really like the way you look at yourself as a teacher. Ants are hard-working, as we are. Using new technologies in class mean changes, which may complicate your work until you get used to them.
    Vanesa Campillejo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very nice metaphor. And I completely agree with you. Sometimes the amount of information you can obtain is overwhelming, which makes the selection task a difficult one. It is obvious that we need to learn how to relate the information available online to our course objectives and other more traditional course materials. See how it goes!

    ResponderEliminar